Friday, April 25, 2008

I Fight

I fight to keep friends from all the provinces...
I fight to prove I can achieve this...
I fight to make everyone proud...
I fight to let no one down...

That ship is something I cannot let sink,
It has sailed too close to my heart,
Losing its crew doesn't bare thinking about,
If I lose them, I jump ship too...

Belief is not something I've ever had,
Doubt, like a parasite, has always racked my mind,
I fight to eradicate it from my life,
To extinguish its impermeable flame...

Pride is something I hear a lot about
Even when I haven't earned it,
I fight to make them proud for a reason,
Especially the Big Man, with his watchful eye...

Letting people down is something I've always hated,
Friends, family and all those in between
Have all been affected by my failures,
Now I fight to make it up to them all...

I'm not fighting for a degree anymore,
I'm fighting for something else,
I'm not fighting for a career anymore,
I'm fighting for something more,
I'm not fighting for a livelihood anymore,
I'm fighting for a means to an end...

I'm fighting to hold it all together...

No comments:

Post a Comment