Sunday, November 9, 2008

I 'Get On' to Get On

Gazing from my corner,
Back to the wall,
Listening to the conversations
Of them all,
Over a year’s worth,
Now all gone,
Where’s the contentedness
I knew for so long?
There is no common ground,
It’s uneven and lopsided,
There is no one to whom
I have truly confided,
I sit in the corner,
Eyes in my head,
Trying to remember all
The genuine things said…

I ‘get on’ to get on,
I feign to be a part,
Now it’s all fallen down
And brought me back before the start…

My smile stands alone,
The eyes can’t react,
Yet here I sit still
Due to my stubborn pact,
Cliques are born and bred,
Invitations are extended,
Yet they are all withdrawn
By acts unprecedented,
All the empty gestures,
Concerns and awkward questions,
Compound in my mind
Without any explanations,
The effort is becoming futile,
The truth is coming to light,
Now it’s time to walk away
And stop fighting a losing fight…

I ‘get on’ to get on,
I feign to be a part,
Now it’s all fallen down
And brought me back before the start…

No comments:

Post a Comment