Monday, December 1, 2008

The Past is the Present

In my mind, the past is the present,
Nothing about my feelings has changed,
This could be seen as being romantic in an unromantic world,
Or it could be seen as being completely deranged…

Moving on is as tedious as fighting for her back,
I’m besieged on all sides by my own confusion,
I end up spinning in pointless circles,
In an effort to find the hidden solution…

All the while, my heart’s beat is no different,
Even though we ended what feels like centuries ago,
While my feelings are still chained to your heart,
Her feelings are on permanent show…

My life ceases to move, while hers continues to live on,
Her life is lit still, while she has stolen my shine,
I know her heart has been given to another already,
Now I need to find someone else who’ll gladly receive mine…

Even though I’m not ready yet to forget the past…
As I think it’s the present and I think I can make it last…

No comments:

Post a Comment