Thursday, April 16, 2009

'Kiss and Make Up'

You and I walk through the night,
Straining our voices to avoid a fight,
Waiting for the wonders of day’s light
To quell our angry hearts.

As the stars shine in the sky above,
We each think we have had enough,
Preferring not to end our love
Over a quarrel about past flings.

Yet our voices grow louder and louder,
Spit lands on your nose’s powder,
An unrestrained shift of the shoulder
And you stumble in your step.

Tears form in your dark blue eyes,
As the moon disappears from the skies,
Our unbreakable bond almost dies
But for the rising of the sun.

We take down our hands to look at one another,
And in the other’s arms we each smother,
Preferring to ignore our maiden mothers
Who believe we are better divided.

Forgetting all the past tricks,
All your unnecessary hair flicks,
And all my old methods for kicks,
Holding onto this precious moment.

And then you make a silly joke,
About how I am a stupid yoke,
And on my own laugh I choke,
As relief washes over us like the rays.

And I seek some paper, pen and place,
To write this red from my face,
And finally have the goodly grace,
To bow and be boisterous.

We let our hands fall away,
Until later on this very day,
When our paths will cross the other’s way,
And we smile while putting this all to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment