Saturday, September 5, 2009

They Don't Know

Rumours are rife that the dark days are gone,
Yet this city, ugly, pulses nightly,
They can’t see where it all went wrong,
So I, arrogantly, ignore them blindly.

Knowing they don’t know.

Running wild across my mind’s landscape,
Pondering, always, how to escape this maze,
They can’t see my mentality’s shape,
So I, crazed, just give them a blank gaze.

Knowing they don’t know.

Sleepless hours thinking about sleepless hours,
The walls, looming, suffocate the brooding,
They can’t see the moment where it sours,
So I, losing, smirk and keep musing.

Knowing they don’t know.

Everybody believes they deserve what they have,
Yet I, daily, resent what I alone gave me,
They can all see a reason for having what I have,
Yet I, save me, know I don’t deserve me.

So I’ll go, knowing they’ll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment