Friday, August 24, 2007

Bright Nights

The disappearance at night of your wonderful bright light,
Doesn't stop your entrancing voice whispering to me during the night...

During those dark times my hearts calls out to you,
Even then, I see that magical smile belonging to you...

It's not the dusty bed sheets that I smell when lying there,
What I smell is the scent of you and of your luxurious brown hair...

Even when I hug my pillow so tight to me,
I imagine it's you squeezing me just as tightly...

So when I wake up hoping to see your beautiful face,
I'm always sad to find only a pillow in it's place...

I hope one day that it will be you who is lying next to me,
Then my nights will be just like days, shining just as brightly...


(Bright Nights stands for two things - the first sign of change in my style of writing, and as an example of my supreme naivety upon entering college).

No comments:

Post a Comment