Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Singledom

A long silence suddenly broken in a fit of realisation
That this lengthy period of liberation means literally anything
Is within your grasp if you so choose.
Singledom means no responsibility to yourself or others
And allows you to flaunt whatever it is you think you have
That will appeal to the wandering male eyes of my county.
Yet your sudden decision to defy your isolation and
Seek me out baffles - unless it is me you want, which would make
Sense as I have a place where we can go when the night’s too old.
You hope our past can remain exactly where it lies,
Forgotten in dusty old notebooks and poems yellowing
On their pages, fictitious stories of recovered love never lived in reality.
How can those feelings, now overcome but still repressed within,
Be ignored for this so called celebration of single life?
The experience initially cut but never scarred, yet left behind
A life lesson not worth dismissing for the sake of a night fumbling
Between sheets, committing an act we never even committed when together.
My understanding of my own personality has led me to believe
Solitude is better than seeking something paranoia will convince me
Is lost before it is even attained, so why test it so severely with you,
The one time key holder?

(it's funny how things turn 'round yet stay exactly the same).

No comments:

Post a Comment