Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Turquoise

I take your hand, lost in your turquoise eyes,
Heading to the floor, no more compromise.

Arms around my neck, body to body,
Intoxicated, nothing could stop me.

As everything else falls away, we dance,
Beating heart, I lean in to take the chance.

When our lips touch, your shock is evident,
Until you smile, as others circumvent.

With eyes shut we kiss, missing in the crowd,
First moment of respite, you laugh aloud.

No-one prying, hands wander to caress,
Ours unite to pull down your rising dress.

Other thoughts drift, savouring this sought kiss,
The past gone, forgetting our last near-miss.

We stop again, your laughter fills my ears,
In the corner they watch, with drowned out cheers.

We sway together, move through the masses,
In each other’s arms, we flee their chassis.

Blinded by feeling, your infectious smile,
I disregard morals, drunken denial.

And all the while, lights in strobes shadow us,
Hiding, becoming bright to break our trust.

A startling luster sheen, they all disperse,
As they do, the night’s end I spit and curse.

We let go, minutes for eternity,
So long, so short, too fast for you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment