Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Resplendent

And of course my one Valentine
(of a kind)
Is from you;
And of course I receive it
(do believe it)
Right on cue.

I, The Great,
Fighting fate –
My lasting trait.

You, repentant,
Not dependent:
Just Resplendent.

And of course it lies inside
(within my mind)
Hidden away;
And of course verity hits
(yet can’t call quits)
When I stray.

I, full-time,
Biding, the line –
Living, the crime.

You, subdued,
An inner feud:
A vision skewed.

And of course it spins ‘round
(on axis and clouds)
While we wait;
And of course we look back
(as we take flak)
To stay au fait.

The clock’s a-ticking,
Not like we planned;
If held out,
Would you take my hand?

___________________

You, Resplendent;
I, Great:
Once, true Valentines –
Now, too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment