Sunday, November 5, 2006

Hope is Lost

I have now lost all hope,
Why, I do not know,
I have suddenly been overcome a feeling,
A feeling that says,
I shall never have you.

A friend who is close to you,
Tells me I might have a chance,
Another friend you do not know,
Tells me impossible is nothing.
Jesters the pair of them!

Gut instinct has never been my strong point,
But right now it is saying,
I am too immature and weak,
To be worthy of your heart,
Unfortunately, I would have to agree.

My eyes are filled with tears,
My heart feels like it has been smashed to pieces,
Obviously, you didn't mean it,
You aren't even aware you have done it,
But one realisation has come with another.

Now I know I can never have you,
I also know I shall never love another,
They say it's better to have loved and lost
Then to have never loved at all,
But it would have been nice had you been mine to lose...

Because I would have made sure I didn't!

(Gav White would put music to a version of this poem which we sang just once - he did most of the singing, to be fair - as a duo heroically called Orwellian Fear; we could have set the world ablaze)

No comments:

Post a Comment