Monday, June 18, 2007

Taking the Chance

I wish I could tell you everything,
So I could try and make you mine,
But will it really mean anything,
Is it worth putting our friendship on the line?

Things have changed since I first met you,
My feelings have grown and blossomed,
I wonder if your feelings have changed too,
Or if they remain unchanged, down there, at the bottom.

I really want you to notice me,
To see how quick my heart beats when I see you,
I really want you to be with me,
To be the one who turns and smiles, while saying "I do".

Now I need the courage to ask you out,
To find out how you truly feel,
Yet in my mind is a flicker of doubt,
Causing my stomach to turn, as if I was on a Ferris Wheel.

Part of me knows your feelings already,
It knows that we are friends and nothing more,
Yet, with you, I want to take it more than steady,
Putting our friendship at risk forevermore.

I take a deep breath and ask the question,
Your eyes meet mine, you wear a blank, blank, expression,
I have caused an uncomfortable situation,
One that causes me despairing depression.

You shake your head and apologise,
Staying friends is all you want to be,
You wipe the tears away from my eyes,
While saying there are plenty more fish in the sea...

My heart is broken, there are no more fish like you,
Hard to believe, as, once, you were only a mere acquaintance,
But now I'll never find another I want more to say "I do",
Because you are the absolute essence of elegance.

No comments:

Post a Comment