Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Brown Eyes

Those big brown eyes stare into my blue ones,
Twinkling and glistening,
Joy and delight are what I see,
Reflected back at me,
Like a form of overwhelming happiness.

I could lose myself in those big brown eyes,
And allow myself to become entwined amongst that joy,
As it seems to me,
That the dancing light in your eyes,
Has been caused by the sight of my blue ones.

A long time it has been,
Since our paths last crossed,
But I am so happy that they have once more,
As I get tremendous pleasure,
From gazing into those big brown eyes...

While knowing that you gaze into my blue ones,
With equal pleasure and happiness.


(at the time if writing - which was around June 2007, if memory serves - this seemed like a really nice poem to give to somebody who would never actually receive it, and the funny thing is, as I realised soon after, they didn't even have brown eyes).

No comments:

Post a Comment