Thursday, January 3, 2008

Nothing Matters Anymore

When walking home from a wonderful night out,
I feel there is no fight in me, no will to shout,
The steps I take are slow and deliberate,
Judgments are made, no one is considerate,
People see me and think I'm drowning in oblivion,
My head is only down because reality is sinking in,
Inside I feel all hollow and empty,
It feels as if everything has overcome me,
I feel like I've finally been defeated,
I feel as if life's battle has finally been conceded...

I'm told there are plenty more fish in the sea,
But for me, in Galway lies the catch of the century,
I had her, I lost her,
Her life will now be so much better,
As she'll go off and find another,
And with him she'll be so much happier,
Which is the only thing I really want,
Even if the dreams that she continues to haunt,
Are filled with never-to-be things,
Like bright white dresses and wedding rings...

Yet now I am overcome with a feeling...
That there's no point in concealing...

Nothing in life matters anymore...
Nothing in life can replace what's gone before...

No comments:

Post a Comment