Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Regardless of Everything

Two weeks that were only a distraction
Fade away with the freeze of winter,
To be replaced by a thickening haze,
The return of the constant pang in my head
And of the ceaseless rhythm of my heart;
Sleep is impossible to come by now,
I’m ever alert for no apparent reason,
Running on power that should have
Diminished long ago but hasn’t
Due to the feelings still living inside;
On those brief occasions that my eyes
Do shut and take me away from the real world,
I find myself in a place that replicates my conscience,
I can’t escape the truth,
And I can’t shape the circumstance to fit my needs;
Now my unused energy and frustration with everything build up,
Reaching breaking point in the cell of my home
And the prison of this county;
My mind is split in two, between what I want
And what I know is for the best,
For my feelings are too overbearing
To live with day in, day out;
Subjection to a barrage of x’s and meaningless messages
Is not what’s best for either of us,
Yet the mere thought of such messages
Sends me into a world of bliss,
A world I will never know;
This is both here and there,
Everything is relative at the end of it all,
And when the time comes,
The time when we are forced to part ways,
Whether we are friends or lovers,
We will smile and recognise each others’ souls
As having found its counterpoint in the other,
Regardless of what’s gone before
And regardless of what’s still to come…

No comments:

Post a Comment