Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Over My E

And the choir begins its chant,
Dark and ominous, ‘no you can’t’,
And the pianist plays his notes,
Playing faster to highlight the don’ts…

Dust settles in all directions,
Blame flies to begin dissections,
Now I wish to make corrections,
Time allows only reflections,
Life mocks the current situation,
Enforcing unwanted continuation,
There never was any explanation,
Just unfulfilled expectation…

Now I lay my A over my E,
And through this sound I can now see,
There is no hope for you and me,
This certitude will imprison me…

And the rain keeps on raining,
Yet the sun begins shining,
And the snow keeps on snowing,
Yet the ice begins melting,
And the weather is so confusing,
Just like me, when I’m musing,
Constantly thinking and always looking,
For an answer without the bruising…

And the choir continues their chanting,
Deep and cold, ‘no more romancing’,
And the pianist continues playing,
So fast now, he is swaying…

Yet I stop flailing around,
My feet have finally hit the ground,
Something lost has been found,
A gift for my fingers to create new sounds,
And even now I feel so much better,
Playing the notes of each and every letter,
And even as the night becomes wetter,
I know you no longer matter…

And I lay my A over my E,
And through this sound I can now see,
I don’t want hope for you and me,
As this closure will set me free…


(inspired by the Apollos Thebe instrumental piece titled AonmyE)

No comments:

Post a Comment