Sunday, March 15, 2009

Astray

You put your hand in mine,
I hear explosions in the sky,
You have led me astray this stormy day,
On we walk, with hands held high.

And despite the rainy weather,
Our time is so sweetly spent,
But you have led me astray this cold day,
Towards temptation of borderline contempt.

For I took a vow of chastity only one day ago,
After careless words broke three hearts,
Now you have led me astray this dull day,
Barely before my vow of solidarity starts.

Fireworks rise above our heads,
Lighting up the drizzle falling slowly,
You have led me astray this wet day,
Shifting a position I never thought would be.

Dreaming dazes paint pictures of antics,
Words softly spoken bring me back home,
You have led me astray this cloudy day,
Now I wish I was all alone.

Fear of complicating something special grows,
Friends never lovers is better than ex-lovers divided,
You have led me astray this rainy day,
Now we need to decide what needs to be decided.

Eyes meet in a fleeting glance,
Cheeks turn a flustered red as we wait for the other,
You have led me astray this soaking day,
Yet I fret at recalling your feelings for another.

Well known to all who hold you dear,
A hundred day obsession with someone you cannot keep,
You have led me astray this drowning day,
But I know I cannot afford to fall too deep.

So I turn away from your telling eyes,
Look instead at the day becoming the night,
You have led me astray this ending day,
And your hand still grasps mine so tight.

The rain ceases as the stars come out.
The first star winks and I no longer have doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment