Tuesday, August 4, 2009

SBS

I walk, and then we stop to admire,
You talk, and then we kiss to aspire,
Want to, but then we just have to give up,
Need to, but then we admit being stuck.

Walking backwards along tightropes,
Below, pure concrete coaxes, and I’m scared.

We go, and run right and left on a split path,
We sow, and shout and scream until we just laugh,
Want you, but my laugh is sad and resigned,
Need you, but my life has been pre-tuned and refined.

Swimming against the current in the ocean,
Below, circle the sharks, with teeth bared.

You leave, and ignore my calls to stay with me,
I grieve, and slowly start to drown in this empty sea,
Want friends, but fail to find any in this lashing rain,
Need friends, but find myself deserted with nothing to gain.

Standing on the brink of existence covered in cloud,
Below, my friends laugh, my loathing shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment