Friday, August 14, 2009

Shades

A pair of shades plonked on my face while I lay blinded,
Stopping beams to let me see through a cold light of clarity,
A ceiling awash with shining brightness is reduced to pockets,
And I can finally gaze upon my friends’ faces without fear.

A feeling erupts in my chest with ever increasing drumming,
Pieces are preciously placed within the well-worked gear box in my head,
A year behind is left behind with the dead, gone and loveless,
And I can finally look forward with trusted people at my side.

Songs selected are more positive than at anytime in recent memory,
Beats and rhythms, laughing and singing, preferred to introverted piano sounds,
Companionship and dancing sought instead of silence in solitude,
And I can finally move freely without thinking of only gaining.

Every thought, choice and action is carried out to live right here and now,
Every jaunt and venture undertaken to create memories to cherish in old age,
Reckless abandon is the only philosophy adopted by any of us,
And I can finally follow it without any self inhibitions and sly intentions.

A pair of shades plonked on my face have restored my sight's line.


(I was in a friend's house, lying flat on my back on his bedroom floor while six close friends sat on two beds, one either side, three and three - somebody plonked a pair of sunglasses over my eyes and the idea for Shades came to me).

No comments:

Post a Comment