Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Light Through the Leaves

Rhythmic drunkness is a release sought by many,
The rhythm alone is all I have.
Patience is a virtue that has faded into history,
Mine needs to be never-ending.
Darkness becomes darkest as temperatures drop,
And it seems as if the opportunity has been lost.

But our generation never do things by halves,
Your vodka and coke loosened your tongue.
We come together amidst random faces,
Our eyes meeting and keeping with every step closer.
The music escalates along with our laughter,
And we forget where we are and why we are there…

Caring only for the coincidence of our chance meeting.

Our dancing feet tear holes in the floor,
To the dismay of our friend the home-owner.
We got swept away by the rush of the moment,
So we leave to find privacy outside the packed room.
Sub-zero temperatures cannot match our heat,
Hidden by the nearby bushes.

Then, a terrible thought rises to the top of my mind;
Everything happening around me is separate to me, myself.
Devoid of feeling, emotion, physical movement,
Even though I should be in control, I should be happy.
The last thing I see are a set of car lights through leaves;
You cannot feel things in dreams…

Those emotions hit you in bed as soon as you awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment