Saturday, November 21, 2009

Spent Dream

You invite me in, purple dress playing off your blonde hair
And blue eyes while you smile a smouldering smile,
Full of passion, wanting just one thing from this meeting.
Forbidden and desirable, we remain chaste for all of
Ten seconds - innocence melts away before our fire.
The door to your bedroom nearly came off its hinges
We burst through it in such impatient haste, as if this
Perfectly imperfect moment was about to slip through
Our fingertips back to the reality of the situation.
I thought to myself that this was so wrong yet it felt
So right if not long overdue as I tore through your clothes
And kissed your breasts while knowing we would never again
Get another chance - every kiss was filled with all the life
I have lacked in recent weeks, proving to me that you are
The missing link I can never have; secretly, I have always
Known this to be true, but ignorance of the reality we live in
Was always better than accepting it and slinking away in isolation.
We stop as our eyes meet, me looking down and you looking up,
Attempting to put everything into perspective as our illogical sweat cools
On our naked bodies - we know the consequence of our urges,
And we reaffirm in our minds that this is all either of us want,
A forbidden fruit so tantalisingly close that to stop now would be
The biggest crime either of us could commit - and we make love
All night long, releasing the pent up frustration of the truth
Before falling asleep in each other’s arms, sorely spent,
But hopelessly happy and just wanting to wake up to the sight
Of the other’s eyes the next morning.
But when I woke up, the night still hung like a cloak around the room
Which was not yours but mine - and I lie alone, exactly how
I had fallen asleep whilst watching the days of Summer,
And all the life you had given me begins to slowly fade away
As my dream quickly becomes a memory that never happened.

(I had a random dream and this was it, exactly as it happened in my sleep).

No comments:

Post a Comment