Friday, September 5, 2008

Lost Time

You were mine, but now I’ve lost you,
Everything around reminds me constantly,
Now I pine for the days gone by,
When we were one and we were free…

I miss the days we spent together,
Lying down, side-by-side,
They were always few and far between,
We always had time to bide…

All the borders and complications,
Ruined something unbreakable,
Now we’re split and miles away,
The pain I feel is unmistakable…

I can’t escape thoughts of you,
Your home follows me everywhere,
I remember it as if it was now,
My mind’s jogging is just not fair…

Leaving feeling is just not happening,
The more I run the more it stays,
I just want to fall asleep,
And wake up back in the past days…

Every time I open my eyes,
I hope things have gone back to how they were,
But sleep can’t bring this pleasure,
For lost time, there is no cure…


(another poem lamenting lost love, but this one has a measure of control that's been lacking in the others up to now - that's because I was listening to Bloc Party's Signs when writing it, meaning Lost Time can, essentially, be sung to the music of Signs).

No comments:

Post a Comment