Monday, October 4, 2010

All I Want

I don’t want to revel in my own isolation by
sitting in the dark watching lovers falsify their pleasure.

I don’t want to help the poor by giving them change
and soup and my own time when it makes no difference.

I don’t want to earn millions and become lost
in the excess wealth always brings to the greedy.

I don’t want to earn nothing while losing forty hours
a week doing a job I hate for people who hate me.

I don’t want to start a project and cease a project
and continue in this futile vein because it’s expected of me.

I don’t want to perform before crowds of thousands
who only know my name and my face but not me.

I don’t want the adulation of millions of strangers,
nor their claims of undying love in blindness.

I don’t want the vented fury of those same millions
when it all goes wrong because I am human to their detriment.

I don’t want to travel the world alone in pursuit of
‘wisdom’ that will only make me bitter in the end.

I don’t want to be stuck in this dead, dull place
if it means my own existence has to die with it.

I don’t want to be known by name as the greatest
of my generation in whatever it is that I do.

All I want is to find one person and make them so
indescribably happy that it re-ingnites the life inside me…

Then I could die a happy man.

No comments:

Post a Comment