Monday, February 28, 2011

Truth

Deduction in its purest form
Bores through me, remorseless;
A sudden kiss stolen from me -
And I respond in shock,
Not from joy, but with
Apprehension.
My life’s threads are laid callously
Before the many selves who live
Within my sole vessel;
And strung along these threads
Are my lost hopes and dreams,
Buried by the losses
Dealt with intermittently and ineffectually.
A counsellor’s mind; a sleuth’s eyes -
Nothing misses your gaze.
Yet what should be a gift is only
A curse, because nothing you see
Can be taken at face value.
The futility in understanding
Is evident in your tear-strewn face,
Your glassy eyes,
And the truth is cold and cruel,
But terrifyingly simple:
All is a joke, no more, no less,
A joke -
Existence in its entirety.

No comments:

Post a Comment