Sunday, March 6, 2011

Trust

I trust not in myself
For respect there is wanting;
I trust not in others
For its breaking is daunting.

I trust not in family
For it is all they expect from me;
I trust not in strangers
For they will always try to flee.

I trust not in friends
For fear of their disdain;
I trust not in lovers
For valour’s failure to gain.

I trust not in preachers
For they philosophise about hell;
I trust not in philosophers
For they preach simply, then yell.

I trust not in idleness
For statuettes are ignored;
I trust not in movement
For ardour was never my sword.

I trust not in life
For it can only end in death;
I trust not in dying
For it can only occur without breath.

I trust in nothing at all, then,
For want of a better choice;
I trust in nothing at all, then,
For want of one consoling voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment