Monday, March 7, 2011

Hypocrisy

A time spent pining for a solitude
I could never hope to handle
Has passed by with me thinking
The most obvious thing:
I feel so alone.
At every twist of the neck
Many visions meet my eyes,
And realisations rupture my thoughts,
That stir the sincerest pangs of jealousy
A hypocrite can deign to feel.
I see my brother so happy
And marvel at how I envy him;
I see my friends manoeuvre with ease
Through the minefield of love
And come through with nothing more
Than a scratch on the heart;
I read and witness stories fictionally
Played out that render me a disservice
Because they fool my mind
Into believing things just happen
Perfectly and without justification;
And I take as many false steps forward
As I do backward because I have
No idea as to what I want
Or when I want it
Or even how to attain it when I dream it.
The only thing I can acknowledge
Is a loneliness only a certain person can cure,
A person who has no idea
That she is placed so precariously
On a pedestal that so many have jumped
From in the past from suffocation -
A pedestal that would be better off
Dismantled and tossed into a raging fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment