Saturday, April 2, 2011

Let It Be

The temptation to revert to type
Returns as solitude quietly drops
The curtains on my shift-strung,
Momentary existence for another day.
A simple message could
End the silence I sought
In desperation to move on,
And maybe then things would be
Simply the same all over again.
The miscellaneous hello-goodbyes
Of our connection once made me smile,
And even when it became
A dependency I hid from with words,
I just smiled some more
Because it felt nice to be loved,
Even from a distance.
Uncontrollably, I am still aware of you,
As I count our seconds apart
While the world succeeds -
Where I fail - in ignoring us both.
And no matter how much I try
To cast my gaze fully forward,
I just think backwards
To when we together once dreamt
Of being free;
And it is at this point in my thoughts,
When all nerve has failed me,
That a little voice within whispers:
"Just let it be."

No comments:

Post a Comment