Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Over Pressure

Everyone has started talking me up,
A relative's job I suppose,
But I could do without it to be honest,
Oh, he's going to be a journalist,
They say with a hint of smugness,
He's going to college,
They brag to their friends,
Not taking my feelings into account,
What if I was to suddenly change my mind?
Or if I fail to reach the high standards set by the powers that be?
They would feel let down,
After me telling everyone, they would angrily say,
You come along and fail!

I can feel the pressure mounting,
Until one wise old man,
A man looked upon as God himself,
Walking amongst mere mortals!
Well in my friends eyes anyway,
Gives me some advice,
Just let the pressure go over your head, he says,
Just let the expectation pass you by,
Don't get swept away by it,
And see what happens.
I am beginning to heed his advice,
And I no longer feel under pressure,
I now feel over pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment