Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Intimidation

I spot you from a mile away,
I cannot hide the smile from myself,
The sight of yours widening it,
But you are surrounded by others,
Friends to you,
Strangers to me,
And as you get closer and closer,
I start to feel more and more uncomfortable...

I see you turn to your group,
Whispering something I strain my ears to hear,
But am too far away too decipher,
They break into a fit of laughter,
Their attention suddenly fixed on me,
Causing my face to burn,
I have gone from being slightly uncomfortable,
To being downright intimidated...

Our paths begin to cross each other,
You smile innocently and say hi,
All the while your gang focuses unwaveringly on me,
My nerves have been shot to pieces by now,
And my return hello to you,
Is extremely nervous and shaky,
Giving you all more cause for laughter,
And while you all walk away howling to your heart's content...

My face is burning like a furnace...
And my dignity and heart are in complete tatters...

No comments:

Post a Comment