Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Divided

My heart is divided,
Between friendship and relationship,
Between my loyalty to him,
And my feelings for her,
It's strange how the heart works,
How it suddenly reacts,
To the slightest piece of attention,
That's paid to it...

Maybe it's just mine,
Maybe I'm just thinking too far ahead,
It has happened once before,
I don't want it to happen again,
I acted the fool when it did,
There's nothing to stop the fool from returning,
Not even time,
The old cliché...

My feelings for her,
Are a stab in the back to him,
They courted each other once,
Indeed it was a little more than that,
But not anymore,
Doesn't mean it never happened though,
And even though he encourages me,
To go for her and make her mine,
I know in my heart of hearts,
That the past will always stay in my mind...

And I will always feel,
That the two of you,
Will always have feelings for each other,
Even if they're not seen on the surface,
Making my feelings obsolete,
Making the point,
Quite pointless,
Maybe I should leave you to each other,
At least that way someone's happy...

Even if it's not me...
Even if it's not me...


(this is the best of a bad bunch from my fifth Bebo page, but I have never been able to understand why I like it as much as I do - it fits perfectly to some VERY basic guitar chords, so that might have something to do with it)

No comments:

Post a Comment