Thursday, May 1, 2008

Mission

I can’t keep up with what I’ve got,
Life is filled with too much waste,
There’s not enough to go on for,
My soul is no longer chaste,
Lies fly all around me,
They come most from my own lips,
When friends lie straight to my face,
I want to crush them with my fingertips,
Years go by in the click of my fingers,
Everything is moving too fast,
Things get older, people change,
I don’t know how much longer I can last…

Maturity is beyond my childish grasp,
I can’t keep up with everyone else,
It should all come together now,
Instead, in the distance a bell knells,
Shards of ruined relationships cut my feet,
The pain rises and strikes my heart,
Everywhere I step, more shards appear,
Piece by piece, my life’s falling apart,
The end is near, there’s no turning back,
Past mistakes will follow me to the light,
I will go while they think highly of me,
I will exit at my greatest height…

Moving beyond will be an easy transition…
But first comes the difficulty of the mission…

No comments:

Post a Comment