Sunday, May 4, 2008

So Be It

Where is life without love?
Will I find someone to hold again?
Or am I destined to jump from person to person,
Thinking everytime they are the one,
When in fact I'm just confusing my own feelings?

Everyone I pass looks so appealing,
But I know no feelings exist there,
Yet that doesn't stop me lusting
After people I know I shouldn't be going after,
Desperation has its stranglehold over me...

Dizzying temptations occupy my brain,
My personality is becoming exactly its opposite,
Now I want to do anything and everything,
My innocence has shed its skin,
Revealing the shadow that has lived inside for so long...

Lust has affected my vision,
I see only the surface, not beneath,
I see only the physical, not the personal,
I see only what I want to see,
Not what I should be looking for...

Who they are doesn't matter,
What they are is all I care about,
This change is not what I wanted,
But we can't help who we become,
If this is what I'm meant to be...

So be it...

No comments:

Post a Comment