Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I Stand Still

They’ve both moved on,
The past is the past,
I’m happy for them, I am,
But now I have a sense
That everything is going on without me…

I’m flailing in confusion,
I don’t know what I want,
I’m free to do what I like,
But what I would like to do
Is something that I’m just not sure of…

Life continues to move at a pace too fast for me,
With every passing event it moves quicker,
The world keeps spinning,
Blissfully unaware of my vexation,
One person is always insignificant in the grander scheme of things…

I just wish my heart would beat like it used to,
I just wish it would feel like it used to,
I just wish it would love like it used to,
Then I would know I haven’t changed for the worst,
I would know I could still be me…

As it stands, while old lovers live out their lives…
I stand still, wondering why I am changing…

No comments:

Post a Comment