Monday, May 25, 2009

I See...

Four a.m.

I see stars glowing bright white, alongside the moon outshining them all,
I see the Sun turn each one into liquid, running from something coming behind,
I see colours flash randomly in complete liberation from reality,
I see hearts drop from the sky, smashing on the ground, blood everywhere,
I see my hand rise to catch them, and see the hearts pass right on through,
I see every single dream of mine since the age of thirteen, and watch them all slip away,
I see the sky open up to a world where there is no law, no time, no nothing,
I see people breakdown into babbling as everything they know disappears into this void,
I see life disintegrate, swallowing itself whole in a wave of colours and white light,
I see children more interested in chocolate and toys than in going home before the end,
I see the stereotypical tears as people proclaim their lists of things not yet done,
I see total strangers declare undying love for those they have never met,
I see my enemies scramble in futility for safety that exists only in the chaos above,
I see my friends come to me and ask me why this is happening,
I see my family ask for one last hug, in some false hope that coming together will spare us,
I see religion break as the apocalypse hammers the final nail into blind faith,
I see science deliriously rejoice in its triumph, despite the impending doom of humanity,
I see running, and running, and running, and falling, and falling, and falling,
I see every disease in the history of mankind pass through me in milliseconds,
I see Death, and shake his hand.

Four fifteen a.m.

I see through tired eyes, playing tricks to amuse my mind.
I see nothing then but my hand shaking thin air.

No comments:

Post a Comment