Thursday, June 11, 2009

Break

I see you while you walk.
I see him as you talk.
You see me while I stalk.

And in one glance I see us break.

I hear you while you cry.
I hear him as you lie.
You hear me while I sigh.

And in one whisper I hear us break.

I feel your pain while you lied.
I feel his indifference as you cried.
You feel my presence while I hide.

And in one moment I feel us break.

Away from everything we once had.
Away from safety through good and bad.
Away from times alone in that special place.
Away from wiping tears from the other’s face.

And memory by memory we drift.
Each with a sly parting gift.
A silence long widens the rift.

And in nothing at all I know we break away from promises to never let go.


(I think I was listening to 9 Crimes by Damien Rice when writing this - that's just the feel I get from it).

No comments:

Post a Comment