Sunday, June 14, 2009

Solitude

I was out last night, I made a friend,
A mate at the time, gone in the end,
I’ll be out tonight, I’ll make a friend,
A mate at the time, gone in the end.

Woke with a smile, permanence being,
The smile went away, only dreaming,
Wake with a smile, permanence being,
The smile will leave, always dreaming.

Dug a hole, got lost in it,
Tried to dig up, buried in the pit,
Dig again, get lost in it,
Try to dig up, get buried in the pit.

Youth chased trouble, seeking the corner,
A minute glass alone; solitude - I adored her,
Life fled trouble, fear of the corner,
An hour glass alone; solitude - I despise her.

Sought a hand, gift of a ring,
One of perfection, harpist of the heart-string,
Found a hand, snatching the ring,
Far from perfection, breaking my heart-string.

Writing alone, about being alone,
Skimming old numbers, looking for my own,
Writing alone, about being alone,
All dead and gone, leaving me on my own.

Everybody’s mate, nobody’s friend.
There at the time, gone in the end.

(this poem was based around the first stanza and the last two lines - everything else is just elaboration).

No comments:

Post a Comment