Monday, October 2, 2006

Emerald

When I saw you that very first time,
I was speechless, my mind went blank,
Your eyes were as clear as day,
And your hair shone so bright,
It was like an emerald.

When you would pass me by in the corridors,
I would turn and follow, only to realise,
I should've gone the other way!
I would end up late,
Still blinded by my emerald.

I would think of nothing else all day,
Except when I would see you again,
And when I would hear your beautiful laugh,
And see your dazzling smile,
Shining like an emerald.

The best times of my life were with you,
Talking to you,
Your warm breath pushing against my face,
Then I lean in,
To kiss my emerald.

But before I touch those tender lips,
I awake from my dream,
To a horrible realisation,
You're not mine, you never will be,
You're a rarity...

Just like an emerald.


(when I first started posting poems on Bebo, this was the one my friends seemed to like so it's of great sentimental value - written around late 2006/early 2007).

No comments:

Post a Comment