Thursday, February 4, 2010

Friend's Reality

Before and after,
Veiled from each other,
A black blanket,
Shadows in between,
Selfish thoughts fade away,
Centrality ceases as a
New death comes to me,
A friend’s reality.

In my mind’s eye I can see,
In my mind’s eye I can see
A broken smile…

Cracked denial.

One hundred strangers never faltered,
One hundred strangers never faltered
It before…

At their doors.

All around her is just one face,
All around her is just one face,
Her father’s face…

Out of place.


(a good friend of mine wrote a terrific instrumental song and these are lyrics I tried to write to them - if you heard the song you'd understand why they are the way they are, but I have no means to show you the song as he has yet to upload it onto his MySpace page).

No comments:

Post a Comment