Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine

As the conversation teeters toward the mundane,
I realise I am a victim of my mind’s game,
Always wishing and dreaming about the maybes
While ignoring the signs of the realities.
Twenty Valentines have passed me by in my life,
Cupid’s arrows have never been close in my eye,
And I think all I want is to lay by your side,
How have I forgotten lessons of times gone by?

Having barred myself from places of happiness,
And from being sucked in by the need to caress,
I grew weary of the dankness within this hole
And sought an escape from the constraints of my soul.
I begin to scale, liberation is at hand,
Condemnation comes in the crooked clefts to stand,
Then below I see you with your entrancing eyes,
Gazing up at me, like I had been telling lies.

The misinterpreter misinterpreted dreams,
A master in finding something less than it seems,
Misreading truth to see love in imperfections
And bound to discover heartbreaking corrections.
Even when my grip rested upon freedom’s soil,
It crumbled through my fingers, and I fell and toil,
Lost in the oblivion of your bright blue eyes,
Innocent’s blame absolved for my own twisting guise.

(by the time I realised I regretted trying to rhyme this one it was practically finished, so I didn't bother changing it 'round).

No comments:

Post a Comment