Sunday, April 25, 2010

Choiceless Ceremony

Sitting at the choiceless ceremony
In complete indifference to the girl
Attempting to prise her way into my
Cold embrace, as it has been for so long.
You are all dolled-up with no one to kiss,
Nobody to hold your hand as my sight
Rests firmly on a former flame that was
Never lit because of the pretension
That time has helped me come to loath so much.
Tonight is the culmination of it
All, where the awards are given to
The worthy, and the months, days, minutes
And seconds wasted finally earn
Some form of recognition from their pears.
And yet you only have eyes for me while
Mine are set across our table at the
Beautiful woman in the cream dress, with
Those eyes that just light up whenever she
Laughs, with her golden skin so soft to touch.
And she sits there, blissfully unaware
Of the conundrum her grace has caused me,
The doubts her previous confession still
Raise in my mind, as I always wonder
If she really meant what she said before
On a cold September night long ago.
And what makes this whole thing tragic is that
You brought me here under false pretences,
Perhaps believing that we may share a
Kiss under the star light of this venue,
The Mansion House, a marble marvel lost
In this decaying city of false hopes.
And the irony is I posses no 
Feeling for you, and she has no feelings
For me; we three are just chasing shadows,
Conforming to this game they all play in
Their confines of calls and chat, just waiting
To be broken again, as you cannot
Prevent the inevitable ending
Naivety brings when you have no choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment