Sunday, April 25, 2010

Golden

Desperate defeat left quickly behind
With the chance to dance on deity’s designed,
Shaped in September of a year now lost,
Fumbled through fingers as chores crossed.

I wipe away lashes, disillusioned tears,
Your disappointment and your future fears,
Realisation hits, you slowly start to smile,
No more excuses or drunken denial.

Surrounding circumstance is then ignored,
Past idleness forgotten by the bored,
Focus becomes present, to you and me,
The end of an era sets us both free.

Beauty resonates in your smooth cream dress,
In your golden skin I love to caress,
And it is up, not down, I am staring,
The lights in your eyes, the sign of caring.

And even when you can stand no more,
Alcohol weighing you down to the floor,
We sit in silence, your eyes shut tight,
And we hold hands amidst the passing night.

Your head resting gently upon my hand, 
While I stroke softly every silk strand,
And by the end I walk you to your door,
Waving goodbye to your kiss once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment