Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Shaken Hero

I see all the belief you have in me checked
And re-checked, again and again, doubtless,
Without a single clouded thought crossing
Your mind so sure of my capabilities.
Then, I see you look into a mirror, and you
Waver, unable to meet your own gaze
Because what you see within your eyes
Is a soul so restless it feels the need to act
Without rationale whenever it is pinned down.
Flight is always easier than confronting
The issues at hand, and flight is always
Your chosen way, one flight after the other,
Until the ash trail you leave behind from those
Cigarettes smoked in stress leads you back to
The beginning again, and you realise you have
Been running in futility from problems that were
Never irresolvable, just overbearing.

Claims of misplaced faith fall onto my deaf ears
Because the only faith that has been mislaid
Is your own in yourself, dropped somewhere 
Along a rocky road that has shaken you
Time after time, rattling your nerve,
Until you become certain that every little thing you say,
Every little thought you think, and every single
Choice you make is the wrong one that sends the world
Crashing down around your ears.
And I see, then, that you need to be told something
That can help restore your belief in yourself,
And your love for those around you
And for this life we have to live.
That one thing is this and I beg you to heed the words:
My love for you is unwavering
Because you are my goddamn hero,
Shaken, but not broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment