Sunday, May 27, 2007

Big Man's Grave

I went to see your grave today Big Man,
Noticing for the first time it's a shade of dark green,
Something that is typical of you,
You who would ooze green in abundance,
If you were to be cut open.

You left us years too early Big Man,
A light from our lives has gone,
It was extinguished far too prematurely,
And it now lives on only in our memories,
The good ones, not the bad one you left us with.

It took me a long while to find you Big Man,
Hidden amongst all the other people,
It's hard to believe that so many are dead,
It's even harder to believe that you are one of them,
It should never have been.

The time has come for me to leave you Big Man,
But I shall return again soon,
With tales of joyous victory or painstaking defeat,
For your beloved Celtic, as well as stories of my own life,
Stories that I know you play a big part in...

As I know I never walk alone,
You're spirit keeps a constant vigil by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment