Saturday, May 5, 2007

The Heart

You have stolen my heart,
And I want you to give it back,
But I also want you to keep it,
Once you intend to use it,
Then, I would gladly love you in return,
But, if you don't intend on using it,
Please give it back to me,
So I can give my love to another.

As long as you have it in your possession,
I become emotionally bound to you,
But if you would return it to me,
I could leave you be,
You would put up with me no more.
There is only one problem now,
You do not know that you have my heart,
You do not hold it above me while shouting

Keep away!
It is in your back pocket,
Where you can't see it,
You can't give something back,
If you don't know that you have it in the first place,
This means that I'm destined to love you forever,
Without ever receiving that love in return,
It's ok, I can manage it by now.

I've lived in this world of blackness long enough,
To know how to live life without love.

No comments:

Post a Comment