Monday, July 14, 2008

And it's Done

And it’s done…

The inevitable has finally happened,
Yet it’s still a bitter one to swallow,
Something that should’ve blossomed and flourished
Ended in seconds because of circumstance,
In the end it suffocated us,
Cut off our feelings for one another,
The wall built up and eventually separated us,
As we knew it ultimately would…

Yet that didn’t stop us from trying…

Our daily rendezvous’ will now cease,
Our sneaking around is over,
Getting lost in each others eyes is no more,
Kissing will never happen again,
We will never get to do the things
That normal couples get to do everyday,
I will always cast envious eyes
Over any two people I pass that are holding hands…

Karma always hurts you twice as hard…

I just wish I’d made more of the time we had,
I just wish we had more time to make something of,
At least we tried to fight the circumstances,
Regret will never hang over us for not trying,
It will just hang over us
As we think of what may have been,
Maybe the future will present a second chance,
I know though that life doesn’t offer many second chances…

It didn’t give us a fair first chance…

No comments:

Post a Comment