Thursday, July 3, 2008

Life and Dreams Intertwined

A running dream,
Chasing things I want in real life,
Acceptance amongst my peers,
Emulation of their achievements,
Reaching for things that are right in front of me,
But are always a step too far for my limitations…

Things like the ability to play and sing,
To be able to give my words something
That will force home their meaning,
A trait like bravery,
To be able to stand up and take a chance with her,
In both real life and in my dreams, I wish to achieve these things…

And in both universes I fall short,
Always getting close but not close enough,
Reaching a certain stage where it all seems possible,
Before collapsing at the climax,
It’s the story of my life,
But dreams are meant to be different…

Unless they are not dreams…
And they just mirror what’s to come…

I run and run in my dreams,
Hand outstretched for my longings,
Grasping at something that’s flailing behind,
Thinking that this is it,
I have what I’ve always wanted,
But realising then I’m clutching at thin air again…

It’s a recurring dream with her,
She continuously runs away from me,
Yet when I stop for breath, she goads me,
'Come on, chase me, don’t you want me?'
And I run again, thinking I’ll catch her,
Even though the flash I see in her eyes tells me I never will…

The landscape of my life exists in my dreams,
The so near yet so far story is replicated in both worlds,
My constant stumbling and falling in my dreams
Means I can’t live up to my peers in either universe,
My outstretched hand never reaching her shoulder
Means I can’t make her mine in my dreams, as well as in reality…

These must not be dreams…
They must just mirror what’s to come…

No comments:

Post a Comment