Thursday, July 10, 2008

This is All I Have

Hit by a sudden slap of common sense,
Realising the pointlessness of living life under a cloud,
I could continue in the same vein
As I have been during recent times,
Waking up everyday,
Venting pent up aggression and loneliness
On people that don’t deserve it,
But what would be achieved by that?
What would I, or anyone else, gain from that?

This is life,
This is all I have,
My one chance to take everything bad that happens
And just turn it around and laugh at it,
My actions determine whether I smile or not,
And this is the only time that such a thing holds true,
Living in shadows and wishing for the end
Are things so useless that to hope for either or both
Is to be dead while still breathing…

And where is the point in that?
There isn’t one…
I realise that now…
But how long will that lesson remain learned?

No comments:

Post a Comment