Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Time

Tick-tock, tick-tock,
Goes my silver Celtic watch,
Time is running out fast
On all the important things in my life,
On my youthful freedom
To do as I please,
On my time to prepare for the big test,
On my chance to make her realise that I am the one for her,
On the time I get to spend with my friends.
It doesn't seem too long ago,
That I was only entering my teens,
Now, all of a sudden,
I am eighteen and am expected to be mature,
To be responsible and sensible,
Despite the fact that I have never really grown up,
Even though I should have.

Tick-tock, tick-tock,
Goes my silver Celtic watch...

I look around at my friends,
Marvelling at how mature they are compared to me,
I see old friends from years ago,
And wonder at how much they have changed since then.
I am still the same,
Time hasn't changed me at all,
I am still childish, without any common sense,
But realising all of these things,
While knowing that time is running out,
Has given me a new resolve,
To grow up and take on the responsibility,
That I should have taken on years ago,
When the Big Man left,
I think that time is on my side,
After all, I'm only young, it's not my time yet...
Is it?

Tick-tock, tick-tock,
Goes my silver Celtic watch,
Tick-tock, tick --
The watch stops...
Has time run out?


(I like this one because of the image of the Celtic watch, a 16th birthday present from my beloved grandmother; unfortunately I have since lost the watch).

No comments:

Post a Comment