Thursday, March 29, 2007

Hidden Behind Better People

I stand practically invisible,
Behind two of my friends,
While the pair of them,
Get all of the attention,
As per usual.
Visibly more attractive than me,
It comes as no surprise,
That the girls fawn over them,
After all, no one thinks of me that way,
Since I'm looked on as responsible,
As innocent,
As the one people turn to,
When in need of help or advice.
This wouldn't bother me,
If I could fulfill the duties expected of me,
But I can't,
Because I'm not as mature or responsible,
As my age suggests I should be,
And I can't help my friends when they need it,
These things tear me up inside.
But they,
They are better people,
Than I could ever wish to be,
Which is why I stay hidden,
As they deserve all of the attention they get,
While I hide in a corner,
Where I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment