Sunday, March 16, 2008

I've Finally Cried

Tonight the long overdue tears flowed,
Tonight I finally let go of the feelings,
That I’ve held onto for far too long,
Tonight I cried for things I hadn’t noticed before,
Like the simple lack of being told you’re making someone proud,
That’s something I don’t hear a lot…

I look at the trophies the years have brought,
But not once have those words,
Crossed their lips or flashed through their eyes,
I have always had to try convince myself they were there,
But I always felt they weren’t,
Yet, tonight I cried happily…

Because I’ve finally let go of my resentment,
I’ve let go of the confusion over his decision,
I’ve let go of my negative thoughts about weaknesses,
I’ve let go of anything I shouldn’t have held onto,
Of things that should’ve been let go more than five years ago,
So long regret…

Hello blue eyed clarity…
Hello tears of release…

No comments:

Post a Comment