Thursday, March 20, 2008

You Didn't Shake My Hand

Euphoric sounds wash over me,
The beat reverberates in my chest,
Everything is moving so fast,
But at the same time, so slow...
There you stand, the centre of it all,
So near, my flailing hand reaches,
Yet grasping only fresh air,
I wave furiously at you,
While chanting your name with reverence,
Yet you don't see my frantic waves,
You ignore them, favouring others...

This doesn't bring me down,
It doesn't ruin my night,
Because, even though we were separated by plastic,
I was close enough to you,
To drink down the music,
Suck in the experience,
And to cherish the moment,
A hand shake would've been the cherry,
But I still managed to pat you on the back,
Your smile finally acknowledging my existence,
But still no hand shake...

You didn't shake my hand...
But the sense of wonder and awe I felt...
Will live inside of me forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment